- Send your student to school prepared. Check with your child's teacher to see if you need to provide any materials such as pencils, erasers, paper or a calculator.
- Make sure your child gets plenty of rest the night before the test.
- Provide a good breakfast. Avoid sugary foods. High-protein foods like scrambled eggs are often best for aiding concentration and minimizing fatigue.
- Follow directions exactly, and ask questions.
- Don’t spend too much time on any one question on timed tests.
- Go back and review if you finish the test with time to spare.